KJFK HUB

Murray Wheten said:
Norbert, I see you added some flights out of CYUL.
Yes, and also flights to and from CYHZ ;) Please go to the "dispatch centre / flight search" and search for the N30LL (AT72) in the "registration" pull down menu to get an overview about the flights of this aircraft.

Murray Wheten said:
Is CYUL a new HUB?
No, CYUL is not a new HUB. Only the ATR72-500, N30LL (Lucy Liu) is parked there.
Murray Wheten said:
Any chance of adding some ATR flights to the KJFK HUB?
Yes! The next AT72 will start from KJFK

Marvelous! Thanks Norbert!

Murray

I see the CYUL flights, but not the CYHZ flights Norbert.

Murray Wheten said:
That`s why you have select the Advanced or Professional career mode. In this mode, you only can fly aircrafts from it`s current position. (More realistic). And so you only will see flights where the aircraft`s are curently parked.
Please switch to the Basic career mode in your profile, and you will see all flights.

Norbert Woeller said:
Murray Wheten said:
That`s why you have select the Advanced or Professional career mode. In this mode, you only can fly aircrafts from it`s current position. (More realistic). And so you only will see flights where the aircraft`s are curently parked.
Please switch to the Basic career mode in your profile, and you will see all flights.

I don't think I understand what you're saying Norbert. If I stay in the Pro career mode (another reason I joined this VA) how do if a plane can be flown to an airport I may want to fly to.

Example:

Let's assume that the plane is in CYUL and there are only 3 airports I can fly too from there (that's how it is now), how do I know what routes I can take from one of those 3 airports unless I fly to one of them? I hope my question makes sence!

Murray

Murray Wheten said:
Let's assume that the plane is in CYUL and there are only 3 airports I can fly too from there (that's how it is now), how do I know what routes I can take from one of those 3 airports unless I fly to one of them? I hope my question makes sence!

Yes it make sence! Hm, good question. Maybe we can change this, so that you can see all flights, but only can book flights from the airport the aircraft is parked. I will ask Peter.

However, meanwhile you can swith to Basic mode, to view the flights of that aircraft, and switch back after that, to the Professional career.

Thank`s for the hint Murray!

Thank you Norbert.

Murray

Pretty good point, Murray. Basically, I think what Norbert said should be ok. Just switch to Basic mode, so you can see all flights. You only have to self-discipline yourself a little to book only those flights with planes stationed. That's as good as pro mode which doesn't bring you any other benefits except making that discipline a little easier ;)

Anyway, to see which flights are offered from another airport, I think using the flight search is not the best solution. I'd rather see some kind of map with the route net. As this would look pretty messy on a Google map with over 1000 connections I fancy a selective display of i.e. EDDK with all connections linked to respective destinations. If, for example, one of the destinations is Vienna, you'd click on that airport and would see all flights departing from Vienna. Same could be done for arriving flights. I think this could be useful for those who want to plan several flights ahead.
How's that? Any other suggestions?

Sounds good to me Peter... thanks!

Murray

Just thought of something else. The new routes you have added for the ATR in the KJFK HUB... it appears none of them actually fly to or out of KJFK. And, the routes out of CYUL don't connect to any of the other new ATR flights in the CYHZ area. Any plans to change that?

That is why I asked if CYUL (and now CYHZ) are new HUBS? If I can't fly to or from KJFK, then I am not really part of that HUB. And then there is the issue of having planes that only fly in Canada... their registration number would have to have a "C" and not an "N" in front of it. We Canadians like the "subtle" differences that exist between us and the US. ;)

These are just my thoughts and are not to be taken as a criticism in any way. You're doing a great job as it is... Thank You!!!

Murray

ola Murray,

You're right about that, Norbert's away until friday I think but I'm shure he'll take a look into that. Just use different routes for the time being or book a charter ATR flight out of KJFK ;)

cheers,
tobi

Tobias Niederhauser said:
Norbert's away until friday I think but I'm shure he'll take a look into that.
He's currently working in Stuttgart. I will meet him tomorrow evening and have added Murray's question to my "agenda" ;)

Anyway, we recently discussed that on the phone already and agreed that even real airlines often have some aircraft scattered around on non-hub airports, and stationing a couple of aircraft away from the hubs will offer a wider range of ACH connections, after all. Any comments on this are welcome.

Hi Peter!

After reading your post, the only problem I see is with having only one aircraft (N30LL in this case). A pilot would have to "charter" (or dead-head) a flight to another area (CYUL-CYHZ) to then be able to fly the connecting routes from CYHZ (for instance).

I understand that this would not be a problem if a pilot wants to use the "basic" Career path but for folks like me who want to use the "professional" path, it may not be a desirable choice.

The Professional Career path is what drew me to join. I do know however that it was made clear that the Professional Career path was a work in progress. So, I don't expect changes overnight. Especially just to accommodate me alone. ;)

Thank you for listening! :)

Murray

ola Murray,

You're right about that, Norbert's away until friday I think but I'm shure he'll take a look into that. Just use different routes for the time being or book a charter ATR flight out of KJFK ;)

cheers,
tobi

ola Tobi!

Thanks for your suggestion. That's a good idea!

Murray

Yes I do ;)

Murray, you are right. Normaly we first have to add an aircraft flying from KJFK. But the one I have add to the TimeTable was a "welcome present" for you :hi:

As I have wrote some days ago, the next AT72 will be parked at KJFK. But you have to wait till I will be at home. (weekend!)

Norbert Woeller said:
Yes I do ;)

Murray, you are right. Normaly we first have to add an aircraft flying from KJFK. But the one I have add to the TimeTable was a "welcome present" for you :hi:

As I have wrote some days ago, the next AT72 will be parked at KJFK. But you have to wait till I will be at home. (weekend!)

Understood Norbert! Thanks for the welcome present BTW... my very own plane and routes! :lol: Can I have an airport for my B-day next year! 8) :D

Murray

Looks like you've paid the 19euros for WLAN ;)

No! I`m sitting in the hotel lobby and have some free internet minutes.
I never will pay 19€ for the internet, in times where you will get flatrates all over the world. Befor I will pay 19€ for an internet connection, I will give that money to UNICEF

Good night
Norbert

I guess I'll never understand why they still ask for money for wlan in modern hotels :? By the way, I'm Senior Captain now :D :champ:

cheers,
tobi

Back
Top Bottom