Christmas 2009 ACH VA Group Flight Event

Guys, we are working on the statistics, just give us some more time :p

More feedback welcome :)

Jeroen Bos said:
Just missed a turnoff and had to back up. Look at my pirep!
:lol: :lol: I bet the people on the runway were a little worried about you heading for it :lol:

Have you not installed the flight keeper ACARS into your plane? I use that for taxiing, and it has all the taxi designators written on it, makes taxiing so simple, without the need to look at airport layouts.

Christmas 2009 ACH VA Group Flight Event Summary

We have just received confirmation that all the presents which we brought to Berlin have left the airport and are being distributed to the children who need the most.

The last batch which was left over at ENGM on Friday was succesfully delivered yesterday to Berlin by Andrew, by his MD-11.

Now the numbers:

The total amount of acft which flew from EKCH to ENGM on VATSIM on Friday:
:fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly:
+ Andrew's MD-11 on Saturday

The total amount of acft which flew from from ENGM to EDDT VATSIM on Friday:
:fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly: :fly:
+ Andrew's MD-11 on Saturday

Other facts recorded:
- 3 unexpected crashes to desktop :devil: (1 unrecovrable).
- 1 network disconnection upon landing :devil:
- 1 network software failure before clearance :devil:
- 1 emergency landing en route from ENGM (me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ), but flight completed in Berlin. :devil:

We regret to inform you that claims for cost of excess fuel will be not be refunded this year due to the holiday period of our general accountant :mrgreen:

Dear pilots, thank you ver very much for your participation - its a pleaseure for us to organise group events for such a great response from you!
:thx: :goodjob: :ffox:

:hi:

Excellent summary, Rafal. :goodjob:

Thank you very much.

Cheers
Pierre ;)

No Sir, it was a pleasure for me to fly with all these pilots - It was a really great fun for me and its going to be bigger, when I think about the charity program behind this flights....

See you next time in the sky... (Max this evening from Lagos to Accra at 2000UTC)

Oliver

Hey there! I would just like to know, does anyone here feel Offended by what I did on Friday? And have anyone here written any complaint to VACCSCA about this?

Because I have as a result of the Friday been kicked out from VACCSCA.

Every reason they give me is in regards to the Friday. They claim that I was Abusive on the frequency, they claim that I by writing this on Public Forums, have aired Grievances, and also one more claim that does not need to be mentioned here, as it has nothing to do with the Friday and I have a feeling that its a lie.

Anyway, as a result of the events on the Friday, my membership with VACCSCA has been terminated.

Per-Kristian,
I just read your post in my email and was shocked. I honestly do not believe that anyone from the VA might have taken measures against you. After your mail to Norbert and the post on Saturday, people expressed their sympathy and understanding, because a broken microphone is something that can happen to all of us. So for me the VACCSCA decision is really hard to understand. :wonder:

Did they request any kind of statement by you before taking this step? I think you should talk to them and try to clarify the situation.

Hi Per-Kristian,

Nor do I believe that this could have been any of us who complained. It was me who contacted the Scandinavian VACC to request ATC one month before the event and that was it. No contact ever since.
I am very sorry for the situation - especially that - as I wrote before - you realised that something went wrong and you apologised, not as a result of any complaint, I guess, but you felt it was the right thing to do.
I do not think really it was any of us who complained. Neither any official complained from ACH had been placed, I can assure you of that.
I am sure this matter could be clarified.

Kristian,
This decision is a shame for the whole VACCSCA !!
Although I did not take part in this event, but in the past I had the pleasure to land under your control.
Each time it was very professional and pleasantly.
Overload type of events are always stressful and demanding for both the pilots and the controllers.
If we add to this poorly operating equipment...well, this all happens in the virtual world after all.
I will never understand people who do our hobby terribly serious thing. Maybe they forget that they are no longer in the office at work ? A kind of schizophrenia ?
Cheer up Kristian - with your skills, you can be controller in any VACC you like ;)

Per-Kristian, all I can say is: If you need help, please ask us. It will be our plesure to help you in any way. If the VACCSCA needs any comment from Air-Child or something else, please tell us. I'm so sorry about that.

Best regards
Norbert

Is it ok for you guys that I cite you and use for my defence? I have contacted VATGOV8, Norman Blackburn about the case, and I think that I have a pretty good defence.

O course it is ok, Per-Kristian. Everything written here is publicly accessible, anyway.

btw: I just reread your post above and this part
...they claim that I by writing this on Public Forums, have aired Grievances ...
If I understood this correctly, you are also blamed for making a public post here? In that concern it has to be said that this part of the thread was only started because Norbert published your e-mail to him - which he did in the best intention to inform VA pilots and participants of the event. So that reproach is even less understandable to me. :S

No fear at all, this has nothing to do with Air Child Virtual I can assure you. The claim is for another public forum, not this forum. I am writing a structured and formal appeal at this moment.

Back
Top Bottom