On-line tutorial flight - December 4th, 19.00 UTC LOWS-EPWA

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm getting ready for a flight from EPKK to Hannover. Any one wants to join? :D

Another question for you Rafal. Can you choose your own call sign. There is no company route from LOWS to EPWA, so I presume I make a charter flight. Or do we use our pilot ID's as flight number, ACH0051 in my case. And can I use 'Airchild' in my call sign or do I say Alpha, Charly, Hotel?

Rafal Bardel said:
I generally use the FIX function on FMC/FMS, where I put a fix closest to the destination airport or the destination airport as such (e.g. EPWA). This gives me the distance. And I call ATC for descent (unless ATC call me first) relying on the distance from this fix, not the full flight route in the FMC/FMS.

Or just tune a DME in one of your VOR receivers. Most airports have DMEs. Otherwise, use the formula Rafal posted and remember, that you have to slow down to 250kts at 10000ft.

cheers,
tobi

Andrew,

Normally you'd book a flight (chartered or regular) and use the callsing corresponding to the booked flight.

But tomorrow I suggest pilots make bookings for charter flights but use their roster callsigns (ACH0051 in your case). If all pilots tomorrow use the booked callsigns controllers will go beserk with ACH7403, ACH7406, ACH7405 in line :mrgreen: :rofl:

Of course report your flight once completed with the flight number of your booking, not the callsign you used for the flight.

Put a comment "Call me Airchild" in the remarks field of your flight plan and shout "Airchild zero zer five one". :yes:

Sorry, shit happens when you :fly: and reply to posts :eek:uch: and talk to controllers :phew: at the same time.

:goodone:

I believe there will be ATC this evening at LOWS

Michael Wöhry will do LOWS_APP and there might even be a TWR online... (Danke Mischael 8) )

Have a good flight... :rofl:

Great! -

I can see some pilots are training hard for the flight:

landing_in_EPWA.jpg

The screen recorded at the noon today. Can anyone recognise the pilot, getting ready to land at EPWA?

:lol: 8)

Dear Pilots,

A few technical recommendations for tonight's online flight to EPWA:

All ATC have been informed that this is a training flight. But,

:arrow: please write "NEWBIE // Air-child VA Training Flight" if you belive you should notify ATC that you have little experience in flying on-line, so they will help you if needed

:arrow: please use your ACH ID's as callsigns at this time - so all of us can be easily distinguished between (ACH7856 next to ACH7865 and ACH7857 at the same time may be a bit confusing :dizzy: both for pilots and ATC)

:arrow: Teamspeak is active and waiting - there are two dedicated channels for communication between pilots during events: GROUND - when your aircraft is on the ground, and CRUISE - when airborne. Please use accordingly. Other channels are also active, but we will use the GROUND/CRUISE for communication between us.

I should be parked at LOWWS a little bit earlier, so if I can be of any help, feel free. :hi:

Hi!
I would have really liked to join you all on vatsim, newer flown online before. Cant read charts, so the taxi thing would be one of the scariest part I think. Too bad I dont have a head-set that works, but I will try to get one for the next training flight. Good luck to you all! And please dont mind my English :roll:

Kyrre Westgaard said:
Hi!
I would have really liked to join you all on vatsim, newer flown online before. Cant read charts, so the taxi thing would be one of the scariest part I think. Too bad I dont have a head-set that works, but I will try to get one for the next training flight. Good luck to you all! And please dont mind my English :roll:

Kyrre, you are welcome every time. If you need help, the forum is the place.
A good overview about reading charts can be found here:
http://simcharts.jeppesen.com/help/Appr ... egend_.htm

...and whats about your englisch? Have you read mine? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Norbert Woeller said:
http://simcharts.jeppesen.com/help/Appr ... egend_.htm
broken link, Norbert....

if you use the post preview the links will be shortened and thus unusable - it's a bug in the board software :(

ok, can confirm i will NOT :( be flying tonight with you all.

Reason.... i am just too unprepared. have just started up the md-11 for the first time in months, didn't really have a clue what was doing, finally got it running, took off, did the turn (sort of) while overspeeding and also losing height (whilst meant to be climbing)
Finished turn, selected nav, and plane decided not to follow plan, so had to set heading manually to get back onto the plan - all this without having to even think about ATC - add them to the mix, and i'm sure i would have been in a mountain by now :lol:

So - i am going to relearn this plane, so i know it well, and then promise i will join the next one (if it isn't too soon)

However, i will come online with the others and observe for a while.

On that note, pilots flying tonight have views like this to look forward too
[imgr]http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr59/pinewoodjoiners/Flight%20Simulator/departing_LOWS.jpg[/imgr]
:)

ps - Peter, no i'm not making feeble excuses, i just know i can't do it without knowing the plane better.

Peter Schindler said:
if you use the post preview the links will be shortened and thus unusable - it's a bug in the board software :(

However, have noticed, if you use the url tag, then it doesn't shorten the link ;)

No tag....
http://www.air-child.com/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&f=32&p=3100

url tag

Andrew, if I can make a small suggestion, why don't you get your ATR going, and start your flight 45 - 60 minutes earlier, eh?

:idea:

Andrew Williams said:
ok, can confirm i will NOT :( be flying tonight with you all.

Negative Sir! As Rafal told: Take your ATR. My suggestion: You will TakeOff at least of the newbies, and I will fly behind you. I will fly a 737, but it's not forbidden to fly 737 with the speed of a ATR. Wich Flightlevel you want to fly Andrew?

Andrew Williams said:
Peter, no i'm not making feeble excuses, i just know i can't do it without knowing the plane better.
did I say anything?? :p :eek:

I will NOT try to talk you into using an aircraft you're not comfortable with, although Rafal's suggestion with the ATR sounds good to me. And you will not find a better company than Norbert in his slow 737! :yes: So, go for it.

At least I can tell you now that I am not joining at all :rofl:
I got free tickets for a dance theater that I couldn't refuse. Tickets are only good for tonight - Vatsim is there every day :) I already knew it 2 days ago but didn't tell you to not give you another excuse :lol: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom