Flight Keeper map

Users Local time
Today 10:21 AM
On the flight keeper live map, there are options to show ai traffic, vatsim traffic etc, but there is also an option to show 'ACARS traffic' which I assume it would show other airchild pilots on the map if within range (providing they use FSFK).

When I click it, I get...

Failed to establish connection with the live ACARS Server
Response: Server response: File not found (404)

Would it be possible to get this feature working :D

I'll have a look through the documentation later to see if I can find anything on the subject.

Drew,

I know the problem, have the same thing. While browsing through forums related to another FS Keeper issue I came across a post from FS makers that Vatsim data source had changed and if one wants to have it displayed one needs to make a series of changes in their system registry and the proper values were given. But as touching the registry is a sensitive thing to do I just gave up.... :eek:uch:

:hi:

I too noticed yesterday that the planes on Vatsim don't show on the map, as when I took off (on my second attempt) there were two planes flying over the top of me.

I also don't like playing with registries too much :lol:

If peter can get the ACARS working, at least you will see the planes from group flights on the map providing they use FSFK.

Peter, I found something in the SDK manual, but I don't understand a word of it personally :$ :lol: It's on page 41 and onwards. ;)

Hi Gents,

I perform my last flight before go on friday evening.
I saw this post and would like inform you that the web adress given in the live acars template returns a wrong page. :(

Perhaps It is the solution to this issue.

See you soon

Cheers
Pierre ;)

Thank you both, Andrew and Pierre! The truth is, that I never understood the difference between Live ACARS and Live Watch in the SDK and also didn't read that very carefully. When we started the VA development the FSFK scripts were the first thing we did, and I was happy when we could see the first reports and later the planes on the map. So I didn't bother about additional options and filled the template with the same URL for Acars Service and Live Watch. The latter is the "wrong page" that Pierre reported because it has been replaced by a different script. However, that script was never prepared to send VA flight data back to FSFK. And since I personally don't use the FK world map (for performance reasons), I never missed or even noticed that ;)

Anyway, it's a nice to have option and I will make a script for it in the next days.

Andrew, page 41 was exactly the right place ;)

Rafal Bardel said:
But as touching the registry is a sensitive thing to do I just gave up....
Andrew Williams said:
I also don't like playing with registries too much
For you who dare not touch the registry:
Download this file
-> unzip
-> double-click
-> confirm to merge with registry
-> start Flight Keeper
-> see Vatsim traffic
;)

Caution: for Flight Keeper 3.x only

A small update about the VA Traffic on FlightKeeper World Map: I have included the script now, so you can watch Air-Child flights on your FlightKeeper Map. No need to update your config file, it will be updated automatically the next time you start FK.

Only problem that I couldn't solve yet is that all aircraft icons are heading north, although the correct heading is displayed in the text popup (except FsAcars flights, atm). I asked Thomas about that and he will have a look at it, soon.

The map will show all the traffic that is shown on our google map, including XAcars and FsAcars data, with more info than we can fit in the google boxes.

Connected via FS Flightkeeper I am actually fyling from RJBB to VHHH, my flight is mentioned in the flight list on the right side of the live map but doesn't show up on the map itself!

Now you do ;)
This happens when one of the airports is not in our database, something still happening quite often. Soon we will merge that database with one updated through navigraph data, so that there shouldn't be many missing airports left.

Peter Schindler said:
Only problem that I couldn't solve yet is that all aircraft icons are heading north, although the correct heading is displayed in the text popup (except FsAcars flights, atm). I asked Thomas about that and he will have a look at it, soon.

I have recalled another minor issue from last time I flew. I am showing as Live ACARS traffic on my own map, and also I am shown live on my own map, so I actually see myself twice on there.

Back
Top Bottom