African HUB opening Event

hi out there,
for all xplane airchild pilots who want to fly the upcoming africa event with our fokker f100 WS!
here you find new airchild liveries made by the magic hartmut krüger and as a special you will find a livery with sahara dirt on the plane.
ftp://116308-ATR72:ATR72@ftp.sono3server.de/New%20Fokker%20Liveries.zip
just put it in the livery folder.
the plane you will find here:
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?aut ... file=10029
have fun and fly safe tom and hartmut

Hello,

I just want to thank all the people, who are involved in the organisation of the African this evening. I toke a flight from Senegal to join the party at ACCRA togehter with some friends from the Leipzig Air.

I'm very often at ACCRA so I will hope, to come there or to CapeTown with my new Airbus in AirChild Colours (It looks very nice)

See you with Lucy in the sky next time...

Oliver

@Oliver Pohl: Ah another Leipzig Air pilot who flys for Air child too. Nice to meet you. I'm sad that I had no time to fly today :(

I hope it was a great event and there was a lot of traffic in Accra and Cape Town.

Hello Gents

As Event instigator (The real work was made by Rafal), I would like to say THANK YOU to all pilots ACH and others, and kind VATSIM Controllers involved in it. :goodjob:

At this time I don't exactly know how many pilots have flown this event. :zzz:

As soon we'll know, I' give you a report.

Thanks indeed to all.
You are GREAT :clap:

Friendly Yours
Pierre ;)

:hi: Pierre,

I think taht you haven't to thank us - because we have had the fun... :rofl:

I enjoy to look forward to the next event in Africa. By the way, is CapeTown staffed at fix days for the future? I fly on every sunday in Ghana and so I can choose captown as a new destination point :D

Oliver

Oliver Pohl said:
I enjoy to look forward to the next event in Africa. By the way, is CapeTown staffed at fix days for the future? I fly on every sunday in Ghana and so I can choose captown as a new destination point

Olivier,

here is some info I got from VATCAF:
Usually, sunday evening starting at 19 UTC is the best day to get some ATC service at Accra. This does not match for all weeks (for example we are doing a major event every last sunday of the month at VATCAF, so next week it's FCBB and FZAA), but as a general rule that's quite suitable.

:hi:

Here's finally a resumee of the Africa hub event, last Saturday, that I received from our organization team (Rafal, Pierre):

DGAA arrivals: 4 ACH / 1 foreign
FACT arrivals: 2 ACH / 3 foreign
FACT departures: 3 ACH / 2 foreign

This sums up to a total of 15 flights = 15 Euros .... not that much, you might think. :|
We thought the same, but thanks to our generous private sponsor - who doesn't want to be mentioned (but if you want to thank him, just say Merci! ....) - every flight is now worth 4 € and a total donation of 60 Euros will be going to UNICEF.

A very big :thx: again to Pierre, Rafal and everyone who joined the party!! I hope we can improve the overall number next time and also hope for myself that I will not be as busy as I am right now, and that my FS will not let me down again.

Peter

All ACH pilots,
Peter Schindler said:
DGAA arrivals: 4 ACH / 1 foreign
FACT arrivals: 2 ACH / 3 foreign
FACT departures: 3 ACH / 2 foreign

"But let this not blind you to what virtue there is ...."

Well, not impressive the numbers, are they?

For future, please, if you have any suggestions that would make our events more attractive to ACH VA pilots, let me know. This will give me some clues how to meet your expectations and organise future events in a way that will attract more of us.

:thx:

Hello folks ... nice work to all, pilots and ATCs. :)

:?: One little question - Since it is official that DGAA and FACT are now Air-child hubs in Africa :D I thought the choice to select any of the two hubs in my profile as my 'VA-Hub:' would be possible :( ... or did I miss something? :yawn: :?:

Well to all ... keep up the good work/deed. God bless

Now for my experience on the faithful day ...

My charter flight started at DNAA Abuja International in Nigeria and was supposed to end at DGAA Ghana.

All went as planned and I was enjoying every nautical mile of it until I approached DGAA and there was a weather change. DGAA approach guided in but I had to declare miss and go around :lol: - had a distraction. On following ATC's instructions I was lined up with the runway/airport say about 8nm out and the unimaginable happened ... wait for it :x :rofl: :'( :roll:

FSX frozen for like 1min or 2, and then crashed. :no: :lol:

Need to say anymore ... still enjoyed the experience less the fsx crash bit

Amechi Chukwura said:
One little question - Since it is official that DGAA and FACT are now Air-child hubs in Africa :D I thought the choice to select any of the two hubs in my profile as my 'VA-Hub:' would be possible :( ... or did I miss something? :yawn: :?:

In fact this event was to celebrate the opening, which will be coming soon. Ther routes are being prepared, and the hubs will be included in the profile choice within a short period.

Rafal Bardel said:
For future, please, if you have any suggestions that would make our events more attractive to ACH VA pilots, let me know.

Not to make them more attractive as such, but as I said to Peter, I thought these events were for online fliers only with the threads being in the online forum.

If I knew that by making a flight to one of the destinations 'offline' would also have earned extra money, I would have made more effort to complete one. Maybe other offline fliers would have done the same (unless it was just me who thought it was online only :oops: )

Maybe some cross reference in the General flight sim forum to the event thread may help in future.

Keep up the good work Rafal :up:

Hm...

Flying on a deeper layer of virtuality, you mean, Drew. :eek:

Sure, will include cross-reference next time.

However, this will make sense only for the sake of raising money, I think. No fun of having an ally 10 miles ahead, though :think:

You have to bare in mind, different people want totally different things from their fight simulation experience.
For example you like to have realistic ATC, whereas I personally prefer airports crowded with loads of planes in various liveries, which you don't get with online flying.

That doesn't make either of us in the wrong, just as I say above, different people want different things, and we at at Air-Child must cater for everyone. :)

Andrew Williams said:
You have to bare in mind, different people want totally different things from their fight simulation experience.
That doesn't make either of us in the wrong, just as I say above, different people want different things, and we at at Air-Child must cater for everyone. :)

Perfectly true, Andrew, so no need to get bitter.

My thought was related entirely to an event as such. This seeing and hearing other ACH pilots around gives you a great feeling of companionship during a group flight. All I want to say is that you can't have that offline. And surely it is entirely up to pilots how they fly and how they enjoy it.

As I said, the next event will have a parallel, informative, thread. BTW: all pilots were invited by e-mail.
But my role here (as I understand it), is to cater primarily for ACH on-line activity.

Back
Top Bottom