I am new here !

Users Local time
Today 2:02 PM
Hello everybody,

I'm really happy to join you: the project behind this VA looks fantastic ! It is my second experience with a VA company. I play with Flight Simulator since more than 10 years.... and there is always something to learn.
I live in Geneva, and my mother language is french (sorry for all these mistakes...my english is not that good...but if you understand me...should be OK :hi: ) !

I'm very proud to "be a little part" of this proejct and company, and I must say that the website looks very professional, the documents too ! Congratulations !

Loocking forward to meet you...virtualy.

Cheers

Cedric (ACH0386)

Welcome Cedric :D
I am also a recent arrival here at Air-Child and enjoying every moment.Hope to catch up with you soon perhaps on one of the online networks.

Steve ACH0356

Welcome to Air-Child Cedric!
Cedric Bandelier said:
I play with Flight Simulator since more than 10 years.... and there is always something to learn.

Yes, that`s absolutly true. I`m flying since FS4 (nearly 20 years now) but I will learn every day about flying.
Cedric Bandelier said:
I live in Geneva, and my mother language is french (sorry for all these mistakes...my english is not that good...but if you understand me...should be OK :hi: ) !

Geneva, nice town and a nice airport. You never have read my english :lol:

Best Regards
Norbert

Thanks everybody !

I've done my first flight yesterday (LGAV-LGMK) ! It was also the very first time that I used FS Flight Keeper: what a wonderful tool !!!

However I have a little question to the Air-Child admins: is there a "PIREPs control" ? Do you take a look at some PIREPs just to check that they look correct and that they are a minimum "realistic" ? Do you sometimes reject PIREPs ?

Here is my second question: are the given FL (when booking a flight and doing the briefing) realistic, meaning that normaly there is no need to modifiy them, except for specific conditions ?

Thanks a lot !

Cedric

Cedric Bandelier said:
Do you take a look at some PIREPs just to check that they look correct and that they are a minimum "realistic" ? Do you sometimes reject PIREPs ?
Hey Cedric. The answer is "sometimes" and "no" ;)
For most pirep tools there is a sort of control, in that they would not let you manipulate the flight data after a flight is finished. Flight Keeper is the exception. Which proves pretty useful if, for example, you entered a wrong flight number. Add-ons like FsPassengers will not let you correct it. With FK this is still possible. On the other hand you could change some basic values, like hours, miles, if you really wanted to. But we trust our pilots ;)
Of course we check the reports from time to time. Especially with new pilots on "probation" :lol:
Here is my second question: are the given FL (when booking a flight and doing the briefing) realistic, meaning that normaly there is no need to modifiy them, except for specific conditions ?
The schedule and route data is created with Flight Operation Center (FOC), a semi-professional tool (available at Aerosoft). The indicated cruise levels always show the most economic level (fuel-wise) for each aircraft type.
Right now, this is based on zero wind. We are currently working on a new module to integrate aloft winds. Once that's ready, the suggested flight levels (as well as proposed routes) may vary, according to the wind forecast.

Back
Top Bottom