ACH FLYING CLUB

Users Local time
Today 8:22 AM
Dear fellow pilots,

here comes another proposal for on-line regular group activity. It is at a preliminary stage, though.

What about a regular, weekly group flight, one evening a week, always on the same day of the week, under an ACH Flying Club? I must say the scheme is not a novelty, it has been successfully applied by some airlines, but worth trying. The idea includes visiting the entire world, flying form the previuos destination to the next one. It does not necessarily have to be the shortest world-trip, but we could visit the most interesting airports, for their location, hardships or hazards, architectonic beauty, unusual approaches, etc. - there are many!

For this, however, we would need a helping hand of those, who are well familiar with airports and internet resources regarding charts and sceneries - the Flying Club Leader, who could sacrifice a bit of time and effort to plan the routes and provide others with relevant information.

Another thing is the day and time of the event. In the event timing poll which I published some weeks ago, the most popular days were the weekend days. But these are days when usually other big events are offered by airlines or Vaccs, so we should give a chance to ACH pilots to fly in them, too. Therefore my suggestion is to make it a day of the week such as Tuesday or Wednesday.

And last but not least, participation is every flight would not be obligatory, of course. It would be nice, however, to see a formation few ACH aircraft on the scope flying somewhere there ...

Let us know if you are interested in the idea and if you are interested in helping the idea develop further.

:hi:
ACH On-line Activity Director

Rafal Bardel said:
here comes another proposal for on-line regular group activity. It is at a preliminary stage, though.

What about a regular, weekly group flight, one evening a week, always on the same day of the week, under an ACH Flying Club? I must say the scheme is not a novelty, it has been successfully applied by some airlines, but worth trying. The idea includes visiting the entire world, flying form the previuos destination to the next one. It does not necessarily have to be the shortest world-trip, but we could visit the most interesting airports, for their location, hardships or hazards, architectonic beauty, unusual approaches, etc. - there are many!

First of all, I like this idea very much.
Rafal Bardel said:
For this, however, we would need a helping hand of those, who are well familiar with airports and internet resources regarding charts and sceneries - the Flying Club Leader, who could sacrifice a bit of time and effort to plan the routes and provide others with relevant information.

Will be my plesure to provide the routes.
Rafal Bardel said:
Another thing is the day and time of the event. In the event timing poll which I published some weeks ago, the most popular days were the weekend days. But these are days when usually other big events are offered by airlines or Vaccs, so we should give a chance to ACH pilots to fly in them, too. Therefore my suggestion is to make it a day of the week such as Tuesday or Wednesday.

I agree. A day of the week is a good idea. Maybe we can do a nother poll. Let us vote for a day of the week.
I have no special day, where I can fly. I have a job where I can't say when at home. But I know that many of us have one or two days of the week, where they haven't time. So if there is one, who haven't time on Tuesday for example, he never has the chance to fly, if the result of the poll is Tuesday.
So my sugestion: Lets take the two days who will get the highest rank. Lets say it will be Tuesday and Wednesday, then we can fly one week on Tuesday, next week on Wednesday, then Tuesday, Wednesday and so on.

Yes this is a good idea - I tried something like this for the xplaners, but it does not worked out. Hartmut and I worked out a very nice and interesting route from Alaska to Fireland. With some difficult approaches like Juneau Canada. We are able to provide airports converted for xplane and the original for MSFS. This should be provided in a closed area ;)

Unfortunately I am off till middle of november and cannot help now - but I can offer the google file that you can see a possible route ALASKA - FIRELAND Route.

There is another interesting world tour - the world route off Amelia Earhart till she got lost in the ocean.

I think there are other interesting routes which have been flown by real world pilots.

cheers Tom

Rafal Bardel said:
The idea includes visiting the entire world, flying form the previuos destination to the next one.
Although the idea of flying from point to point is good, then after a few stages is quite. I've often participated in such events, and after several stages I decided to park the plane somewhere in the bushes.
A much greater pleasure is to make flights to (or from) the airports known as dangerous, challenging, difficult, or simply because of picturesque location. For instance, verify the acft manufacturer's performance data during takeoff in La Paz etc. ;)
You can count on me, if you need assistance in finding this type of "killer airports" :)

Rafal Bardel said:
The idea includes visiting the entire world, flying form the previuos destination to the next one.

I do not mean the round-the-world trip. This can be done in 3-4 hops by a 747. I mean different locations all over the globe.
Tomasz Wydrzynski said:
A much greater pleasure is to make flights to (or from) the airports known as dangerous, challenging, difficult, or simply because of picturesque location. For instance, verify the acft manufacturer's performance data during takeoff in La Paz etc. ;)

Rafal Bardel said:
but we could visit the most interesting airports, for their location, hardships or hazards, architectonic beauty, unusual approaches, etc. - there are many!

That's basically the same idea as mine :lol:
Tomasz Wydrzynski said:
You can count on me, if you need assistance in finding this type of "killer airports" :)
:ffox: :thx:

You're in. :D
Tom Weber said:
Unfortunately I am off till middle of november and cannot help now - but I can offer the google file that you can see a possible route ALASKA - FIRELAND Route.
There is another interesting world tour - the world route off Amelia Earhart till she got lost in the ocean.
I think there are other interesting routes which have been flown by real world pilots.

We will wait for you with the Alaska flight, for sure.

You're in.
Norbert Woeller said:
My sugestion: Lets take the two days who will get the highest rank. Lets say it will be Tuesday and Wednesday, then we can fly one week on Tuesday, next week on Wednesday, then Tuesday, Wednesday and so on.

Too much confusion, Norbert. I think we can vote for one, regular weekday. If someone can't fly in a particular week, no problem. I suggest voting for one weekday.
Norbert Woeller said:
Will be my plesure to provide the routes.
You can start planing now ;)

You're in.

Re: ACH FLYING CLUB / PANAMERICANA

Hi guys, here you will find the GOOGLE EARTH file for the PANAMERICANA route from Alaska to Fireland. I was a bit to loud as I said that we are able to provide all airports for XP and MSFS - sorry that is not possible - we can do this only for XP. :( :)

Here is the GOOGLE file:
ftp://116308-xplane:xplane@ftp.sono3server.de/Panamericana.kmz.zip

Cheers Tom

If only time permits, you can count on me. I think it may be a good opportunity to popularity our line in the less known and visited places. It's very good idea :clap:

:) The word has been said, so let's go:
My proposal for this week - Munich to Samos

I chose this destination because of the interesting and challenging approach. Not as difficult as the 08 in Innsbruck, but similar and exciting...

[youtube]--gBjLtYlKE[/youtube]

Regardless of what you see in the video above, looking at plate 13-1 (
first thoughts are - how the hell ?.. well..quoting a pilot:
this approach is a circle to land approach since the approach course is offset from the runway/extended centerline by more then 30 degrees (there is some non-standard approaches like the LDA/DME 26L at HNL that break this rule but that is only on a case by case basis).

So in this case you would break off the approach and either do the circle to land pattern, or enter a normal traffic pattern (I.E downwind, base, and then final). You notice that its just VOR/DME and no associated runway, so that is the first clue right there.

I suggest you goggle "circle to land" and that would be a better way to try to learn it then trying to have us type it out on a.net.

Just 5 things to note.
1) Your guaranteed at least 300 feet of obstacle clearance at MDA inside the circling radius (some places might not be able to provide the minimum so they either raise the minimums or restrict that area from circling).

2) Take note that this is a PAN OPS built approach, PAN OPS gives the planes a bit more radi in the primary protected area then TERPS (FAA) do. I have a great chart Jeppesen provided in the Airway stuff but I don't know if I can find a way to post it.

3) Most airlines actually limit these approaches to either VFR (1000-3) or the published minimums, which ever is greater.

4) I was told a timing trick that works for EVERY category of aircraft. Use 15 seconds to time before you turn. I.E. you pass over the MAP (SAM VOR), start the timer for 15 seconds, then turn onto the downwind. Once once abeam your point of tounchdown, start the timer again for another 15 seconds. Once at 15 seconds, turn your base, then final.

5) Lastly, if you have to go missed after passing the MAP, make a climbing turn TOWARD your planed runway then get back onto the published part of the missed approach. That way you should always stay inside protected airspace.

Scenery of Samos available on flightsim.com: gaplgsm9.zip
Greece SRTM Mesh -
Charts: as a few lines of text above

930 Nm route:
ROTAX UL603 RUGAS UN128 FSK UG18 MES UL609 URNIL

Uploaded with

And ? what do you think ? ;)

Hm... I checked again and I found no such plan on VR. Instead I found this, valid for AIRAC1009:

SASAL UY571 BABIT UN739 LULIK UN739 NIVIS UN739 BEO UN739 OKLOP UN739 OBAGI UN739 NISVA UN131 RODOP UN127 LMO UL618 MES UL609 URNIL.

FL 300-340.

Back
Top Bottom