IMPORTANT MESSAGE [again]

Peter Schindler

Founder
Users Local time
Today 2:12 PM
Gents,

we have been informed by tech staff that they need to shut down all web servers from today 1700Z for a couple hours due to network configuration and hardware updates. I can't tell you when exactly we will be back and running. For all those who are flying right now: you can keep going and finish your flights, but expect a server connection loss of your add-ons. Save your pireps please and transmit as soon as servers are up again.

Sorry to inform you pretty late and thanks for understanding.

Peter

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Copy that Peter.

Pierre ;)

Andrew Williams said:
Posted at:
Peter Schindler on Thu Sep 30, 2010 17:05
If you look at my original post you'll see 16:05 in the timestamp. That's zulu time. 17:05 was your local time, smartass :p :D
But we seem to be back up and running again now :up:
Yeah, good job. They told me it would take until around 2200 Z - if it was back at 1900 your time, that would make UTC of ..... umm, whatever ... :rofl:

You have completely time confused me now :lol:

Ok quick google, My local is the same as UTC. Zulu is 1 hour behind me. So yes, you are correct and you did post an hour beforehand. :doh:

Accept me sincere apologies :p :LOL:

Andrew Williams said:
My local is the same as UTC. Zulu is 1 hour behind me
getting more and more confusing here ...
thought I should tell you this (smartass that I am):
UTC, Zulu time, GMT - it's all different terms for the same thing. The reason why you are 1 hour ahead of UTC (2 hours at my place) is daylight savings. Simple as that. Until the end of this month, then back to a long, dark, cold winter :lol:

and here's another web server NOTAM (this time a bit earlier):

Tomorrow (Wednesday,13th) from around 1800z until Thursday,14th around 0600z, another night of hardware updates and network maintenance is scheduled. So the website will not be available for a couple of hours, as well as Teamspeak. Save your flight reports, please!
Although works will go on until end of October, I think this should be the last longer downtime for our server.

Thanks for understanding ;)

Thank You Peter ;)

Pierre

last reminder: about 20 minutes until all goes down :p

btw: the server downtime last night (3 hrs or so) was NOT planned, or at least I had not been informed. Sorry about that :(
Arkadiusz Wicher said:
Thank You for keeping the website in good condition. :goodjob: :up:
luckily I don't have to do the job myself ;)

Back
Top Bottom