FS Flight Keeper Setup

Norbert Woeller

Founder
Users Local time
Today 12:48 PM
[Old topic from 2008 - moved from BETA forum]

Go to "pilot lounge" and select "my profile"
Click on "personal files" (on the right side") and download the configuration file for FS Flight Keeper
Copy the "Air-Child_Cfg" File to the FS Flight Keeper / Templates Folder

[Edit 2008.11.23]
[In FSFK3.0 you will find the Template folder in: C:\Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents\FS Flight Keeper\Templates]

Open FS Flightkeeper
Open the Options Menue
Select Templates/Email
Go to "Virtual Airline Settings" and select "air-child-cfg.txt"
Click OK
Click on "Pilots" (left side) and select "new Pilot"
Enter your name under wich you have joined Air-Child
Email is optional
Airline you can write Air-Child for example
Pilot ID and Password is importand. You have to use your Pilot ID (ACHxxxx) and the password (the one with which you log in to the VA site).
Click OK
Close FS Flightkeeper.

On the AIR-CHILD Website go to "dispatch centre" select "flight search" and search for a flight you want to fly. If you have found one, click on the flight and then on the orange dot on the right side. Now go to the "briefing room". You will find your booked flight. Click on the flight and the flight briefing will be open. You can change now some data if you want, then click on "create flightplan" (on the buttom). You will get now the Company Flightplan for your flight. On the bottom you can download the FS2004 Flightplan. Please do that and copy it to your "Flight Simulator Files" Folder.

Start the FlightSimulator
Place your aircraft at the Gate of your origin. Cut of the engines (if they are running) and set the parking brake. Make sure that you have done all settings like weather, time, fuel and so on.

Open FSFlight Keeper.
Select "New Flight"
Click on " Connect to flight simulator" (over the "General" Tab)
Click on the "Open Flight Plan" icon (over the "Origin/Takeoff" Tab) and select the flightplan you have downloaded before. (Same Name like the Company Flightplan)
In the field "Flight Number" enter the correct flightnumber (e.g. ACH1243) as displayed in your company flight plan (this is very important!)
Select the AIR-CHILD Pilot you created.
If you like fill in other data like the alternate etc.
Now connect to the AIR-CHILD ACARS Server. Click on the green triangle (over the "Additional" Tab)

Now you can view your flight on the live-watch page on the site (flight reports/live watch)

Once arrived at the destination set the parking brake and shut down the engines.

Go to FSFK and press the green "Send the flight to a Web Service (PIREP)" Button (over the "Flight Weather" Tab)

That's it. Go now to flight reports/pireps on our Website and you will find your flight.

How to include Air-Child to your Flight Keeper airlines list

If you want to be able to select Air-Child in the airlines list in Flight Keeper just follow these steps:

- look for the file "Airlines.cfg" (this should be in your Flight Keeper installation root folder; for version 3 it's in Documents and Settings/[your username]/My Documents/FS Flight Keeper) and open it with notepad

- search for the line that starts with "--,ACH", it should look like this:
fsfk1.gif

- replace that line like this:
fsfk2.gif

Save the file. Done.

You can replace the current entry without worries. Air Cargo Plus was a Liberian Cargo Company who've lost their license some 2-3 years ago. ;)

Norbert Woeller said:
from the top post:
Click on " Connect to flight simulator" (over the "General" Tab)
You are now automatically connected to the AIR-CHILD ACARS Server. But for now, please disconnect. (Red dot with a x over the "Additional" Tab)
[....]
Now reconnect to the AIR-CHILD ACARS Server. Click on the green triangle (over the "Additional" Tab)
Changed the VA template, so that the ACARS Service isn't started automatically anymore, so you don't have to disconnect in the first place. However, don't forget to connect the Acars before starting your taxi roll.
Tanks to Robert-Jan who gave me the hint for that setting in the template.

I installed FSFK 3.0 now, copied the "Air-Child_Cfg" into the "Templates" folder - I already had to create new (hasn't been there after a fresh install of FSFK 3.0 !!!).

Following all steps as described above, I am not able to select this template, the "Open" button is grayed out and the drop down list is empty:

fsfk.jpg

Any hints, what I have possibly made wrong?

I've found the mistake:

The "Templates" folder is not in the basic root folder of FS Flight Keeper, it is here (german):
C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\USER\Eigene Dateien\FS Flight Keeper\Templates

Now it works fine!

Hi Rene,

On fk3, the template folder is now in your 'my documents' folder on the c: drive.

usually here..

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents\FS Flight Keeper\Templates

Is this where you are placing the 'air-child.txt' ?

If so, you need to click the down arrow to the left of the grayed out text, and the air-child.txt should be available to select.

Another question popping up right now:
In FlightKeeper 3.0 there is a possibility to show the ACARS traffic, which means I can see all AIRCHILD flights on my inflight map!
But when activating it, I get an error message!
Is this feature already implemented in the air-child server?
Thanks, guys!

True, René, that's a new feature of Flight Keeper 3 which I had no time to look at yet. But I will! ;)
Thanks for posting.

In case you wonder .... I moved this old thread out of the beta-tester group's forum because I just stumbled upon it and thought it could be useful .
It's old but still good :yes: ;)

Hi Captain's,

Are some of you, using FSX and PMDG 747-400 have the following issue:

When connecting FSFK to FSX, The aircraft FZW is wrong.
From TOPCAT and checked in the CDU, I have 218.9 (218.880 in loadsheet)

FSFK gives: 130.593 (??)

I sent a message in FSFK support forum today.

Tell me if you met this kind of problem.

Kind Regards
Pierre ;)

I have a problem with FS Flight Keeper in last 2 pireps: http://www.air-child.com/pirepDetail.php?fid=10082011194944ACH07111390&pid=ACH0711

Beacon was ON, I don't know what is this, FSFK or PMDG related issue.
Is there possibility to turn of beacon monitoring from FSFK or something like that?

Go the the Flight Keeper folder (not the install folder, the flight keeper folder in 'my documents') and open the 'flight critique' file in notepad.

Find the following line

[BeaconLights]
On = 1
Penalty = 5

and change the 1 to a 0

If you can't find the folder, open flight keeper, click options, click files and folders, and the location of the flight critique should be the same as the fsfk database / fsfk templates etc

Zeljko Budovic said:
I have a problem with FS Flight Keeper in last 2 pireps: http://www.air-child.com/pirepDetail.php?fid=10082011194944ACH07111390&pid=ACH0711

Beacon was ON, I don't know what is this, FSFK or PMDG related issue.
Is there possibility toou of beacon monitoring from FSFK or something like that?

I have had the same situation using FS Flight Keeper. Does anyone the threshold not to get this penalty. I've noticed that when you turn the beacon off before N1 goes to zero it's wrong and when you open the door you will be penalized for letting passenger off before engine shuttdown.

Andrew Williams said:
Go the the Flight Keeper folder (not the install folder, the flight keeper folder in 'my documents') and open the 'flight critique' file in notepad.

Find the following line

[BeaconLights]
On = 1
Penalty = 5

and change the 1 to a 0

If you can't find the folder, open flight keeper, click options, click files and folders, and the location of the flight critique should be the same as the fsfk database / fsfk templates etc
Thank You, It's ok now. I saw in Thomas Molitor forums something about this, it going to be fixed soon

Zeljko Budovic said:
I saw in Thomas Molitor forums something about this, it going to be fixed soon
Probably to do with the new 737 NGX :|
I removed the flight critique from your last reports, so it looks a little nicer.

BTW..... something not related to the previous question but might be interesting anyway:
Some of the FlightKeeper users may wonder why they don't see any airport layouts on their Flightkeeper maps. They look like this ...
fkscr2.gif

The solution is simple: after a fresh install, Flightkeeper doesn't know about your FS scenery yet. Go to "Tools" -- "Rebuild Navigation Database" -- and wait ...

fkscr1.gif

It will take a couple minutes but you only have to do it once (and again when you install additional airport scenery). Now you should see your runways and taxiways 8)

Peter Schindler said:
Probably to do with the new 737 NGX :|
I removed the flight critique from your last reports, so it looks a little nicer.
Thanks! It looks good now.
you're right about flight keeper, it is something to do with new 737 NGX, and something about new version of flight keeper: http://www.molitor-home.de/fs/forum/vie ... f=2&t=1520

Ok Guys, let's talk about some "disaster" as the FSFK calls it :)

This my flight critic on my latest flight:

Excessive speed below FL100 during departure: -10,0%
Wrong altimeter setting: -10,0%
Standard altimeter not set after reaching the transition altitude: -10,0%
Landing lights on above FL100: -5,0%
Hard touchdown: -7,5%
Exceeded maximum taxi speed (30kts) at destination: -5,0%
Excessive N1 setting: -7,5%

Total Score for this flight: -5,0%
Landing rating: Bad
Pilot rating: Disaster
Flight Score: -5.00%

Do not laugh! :)

I have several concerns:
1)Excessive speed below FL100: what can I do if the clean speed for the 747 was around 260kts which I should keep even below FL100?
2)Wrong altimeter settings: it makes me crazy...: in the FSFK I try to setup the correct TA and TL, but it seem it has no any tolerance, even not 1 feet (I tried the trick to adjust the altimeter to the QNH and then press the set to standard, but it seems does not help at all)
3)Landing lights on above FL100....: yes, maybe I switch off them at FL101, as I can not pause the FSX at FL100 to do everything in the same time...
4)Exceed maximum taxi speed: in fact it was a backtrack on the runway
5)Landing lights on above FL100: same shit with this precise FL100.00
6)Excessive N1 setting...: it is just -7,5% and even do not understand where is it comes from :)

At the end of the day the -5% as a score not too bad :D

I think in this way it has no any advantage of this function, it just gives frustration and I do not want spend hours on forums and hidden settings to set the FSFK properly.

Anyone has already such a good score? :D

Tibor

Back
Top Bottom