UNICEF donations [update]

Re: UNICEF donations

After 6 months of shamelessly not keeping you updated (apologies!), we'd like to give you a new overview of UNICEF donations.
Notification emails to sponsoring partners have already (and always) been sent. Many thanks to all partners and private donors! Here's the summary for 2010, so far, including the months I didn't post yet ...

Quarter 1 (Jan-Mar):
357.62 Euros

Quarter 2 (Apr-Jun):
350.38 Euros

Quarter 3 (Jul-Sep)
368.42 Euros, donated by ACH partners
+ 180 Euros (see below)
= 518.42 Euros

Thanks to the Pakistan event in August and the Krakow fly-in end of June, we
could extend donations for the last quarter by 180 Euros.

Krakow Air Show Event:
= 30 Euros
donated by ACH

Karachi Air Bridge:
= 150 Euros
donated by Andrew Williams (30 €), Norbert Woeller (50 €), ACH (70 €)

Due to the 2 events we have passed the 500 € margin for the first time.
Thank you all, and keep flying for UNICEF !!

:fly:

When you add quarter 4 details, can you also add the total raised since the start of Air-Child (when I say the start, I mean when it went live, not the 14 years previous while you build the site :lol: )

Re: UNICEF donations [update 11-01]

Due to some busy-ness at the beginning of the year it took us until today to send out the donations summary for the last quarter of last year. But that's done now, and here are the numbers for quarter 4 (Oct to Dec) in 2010:

Flights: 2624
Hours: 5600
Donations: 445.48 EUR (= 576 US$)

Even though the 500 € are not reached yet, we still move upwards (see below) ;)
Thanks go to all donating partners, and this time especially to our VA members:
Yoram Benary, Joao P. Bicho, David Kernow, Andreas Heusner and Pierre-Nicolas Roy
:thx:

Andrew Williams said:
When you add quarter 4 details, can you also add the total raised since the start of Air-Child (when I say the start, I mean when it went live, not the 14 years previous while you build the site :lol: )
Despite the last comment :envy: ..... here's the totals from July 2009:

Q3: 262.50 €
Q4: 334.42 €

Q1: 357.62 €
Q2: 350.38 €
Q3: 368.43 €
Q4: 445.48 €

total, so far:
2118.83 € (= 2739.64 $)

That's just the regular donations without the special fund raising through events.

Just a quick note for that, it does feel great (as said on the http://www.air-child.com/charity.php page, it does feel great to be part of this ;) Although I jut found out I need to enable international transfers on my bank account first, and my bank being somewhat stupid most of the times it should take me maximum a month to enable it.

But with the current growth in money each 3 months, I believe we might reach 750 by the end of 2012 :rofl:

Pierre-Nicolas Roy said:
Although I jut found out I need to enable international transfers on my bank account first...
No need for that. Read your email again:
Should international transfer costs from your country be too expensive, we kindly ask you to donate to your national UNICEF section. You can usually find their account information (and mostly online paying options) on the respective country websites, starting at

:)

The prospect looks good. The first 3 quarters are all around the same total, then in Q4 there is a jump of around 25%.

With more people signing up all the time, and if some of the staff actually make some flights :oops: the total should keep increasing.

Pierre-Nicolas Roy said:
how can they know they have to notify you that the payment has been done? :lol:
Ummm :oops: ... that's a bit of a problem, indeed, and nothing we want to hide. When we made the agreement with UNICEF Germany in 2007, we've been told that a payment summary would work, based on a common keyword. Later we had to realise that UNICEF is actually a very big organization and that the information given by one person does not necessarily reflect reality ;) And maybe we didn't make it clear enough that they couldn't expect like 2 million $$ a month but more like 200 :lol:

Fact is, they finally told us that it's too much effort to keep record of "minor" campaigns by keyword. And that was just for Germany. To have such a 'tracking' option across different country divisions is pretty hopeless. Also, many of the donating partners outside of Germany complained about huge transfer costs with international money orders. So we decided to skip that, after all. As a result we really don't have a control for now if you have really transferred the money to UNICEF.

There's nothing we can do but trust you!
However, all of our partners are honest people, of course, and we have no doubts that you are all seriously interested in the good cause :yes:
And of course we are happy if you send us a short note once the money has been transferred.

:thx:

Well, I've checked UNICEF Canada website and they send an official slip (for income taxes) for any donations of $25 or more (and from what I've checked the donation for this time is $29 :p) so I could scan and send you a copy of the slip! only god knows when they actually send it though

Here's the numbers for Q1 2011:
Total Flights: 2,718
Total miles flown: 2,415,464 nm
Total hours flown: 6,705 hrs

Total donations: 447.36 €

We have already sent out the notifications to our partners on Monday. Don't forget to transfer your donations.
Thanks to all our UNICEF supporters !!

With a small delay we have notified our partners today about their donations for the 2nd quarter of 2011. It's a little less than last quarter, mainly due to about 800 flights missing, compared to the last report. :eek: (see above)

We are still investigating if this was caused by fuel prices or simply a seasonal effect ;)
Let's hope it's just a temporary decrease. Here's the numbers:

Total Flights: 1,911
Total miles flown: 1,414,221 nm
Total hours flown: 4,128 hrs

Total donations: 399.89 €

A big :thx: to all our partners for UNICEF !!

Dear Peter,

don't worry I'll fix the imbalance soon ;)
I'm not flying online at the moment as I am training with my new bird - the Embraer 190 and its' sophisticated (well, at least for me!) avionics. As soon I feel satisfied with my training, I'll connect again and do my part. On a side note, I'd love to see more scheduled flights for the Embraer in our timetable, particularly between LGAV, LFSB, LIRF, LGTS, LGIR, LPPT and LEBL (i.e. mainly expansion of the Mediterrarean routes for the Embraer). Thank you for considering this.

All the best

Giuseppe.-

Giuseppe Alvaro said:
I'd love to see more scheduled flights for the Embraer in our timetable, particularly between LGAV, LFSB, LIRF, LGTS, LGIR, LPPT and LEBL

You WILL love to see that flights in the schedule. :)
But I need 2-3 weeks

Giuseppe Alvaro said:
I'd love to see more scheduled flights for the Embraer in our timetable, particularly between LGAV, LFSB, LIRF, LGTS, LGIR, LPPT and LEBL

Giuseppe, please have a look at our two new E190 OE-VDF, (Vigili del Fuoco) and SX-ABO, (Alessio Boni).

Have fun :fly:

Excellent Norbert - thanks! The SX-ABO had its maiden voyage tonight and flies like an angel ;)
I look forward to more Club-Med connections! :)
Fly safe

Peter Schindler said:
With a small delay we have notified our partners today about their donations for the 2nd quarter of 2011. It's a little less than last quarter, mainly due to about 800 flights missing, compared to the last report. :eek: (see above)

We are still investigating if this was caused by fuel prices or simply a seasonal effect ;)
Let's hope it's just a temporary decrease. Here's the numbers:

Total Flights: 1,911
Total miles flown: 1,414,221 nm
Total hours flown: 4,128 hrs

Total donations: 399.89 €

A big :thx: to all our partners for UNICEF !!

I guess its caused by the Summer time. People prefer to do things outside instead of flying.

Back
Top Bottom