Here you go:

Air-Child VA Flight Summary October to December 2012:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Flights: 3,438
Total miles flown: 2,714,633 nm
Total hours flown: 7,666 hrs
------------------------------------
Total donations: 569.57 €

Unfortunately we lost one of our sponsors with the beginning of this year. Michal Rok, the owner and developer of vroute software, will not continue to support UNICEF for reasons he made clear to us and which we fully accept. Michal said that he will instead support some smaller organization(s), after Unicef Poland does not even accept credit cards, anymore. That's indeed sad, and we hope they will think this over.
We are aware that huge organizations like Unicef have certain deficits in flexibility but, on the other hand, have great advantages in effectivity. That's why we are still convinced to support a good cause.
We'd like to thank Michal for all his friendly support in the past! We will leave the vroute link on the site for the current quarter and will think about a different way of promoting the software, because we love it! ;)

It is dead….
When I started here were some capable people, willing to help.

founders
Norbert Woeller
Peter Schindler
aircraft repaints

Hartmut Krüger
Andrew Williams
Matej Sagmeister
Martin Vonk
Freek Vandeursen
Josef Rotter
Holger Sobl (simtexture.de)
Daniel Mandlez
Krzysztof Sobczak
Frank Kunath
Peter Schindler

pilot manual

Jeroen Bos (Graphic Design)
Norbert Woeller
Andrew Williams
Peter Schindler

But since my return I have noticed that only two persons express their opinions. It feels like state to me.
Last time around I could state destinations and ideas and always Peter would look into it.
It is not that I complain but I loved this VA and the concept was best so I have left previous behind, but at the moment I worry that the lobby here is strange.
I am a bit disapointed about hearing that its been quiet here !
Go go Air-Child AV ! 8)

Hi Matej,
you can be sure that on backstage things are going on. As Norbert and Peter are having a lot to do with their real world work, they are a bit quiet in our forum. But they are still around. Anyway Air-Child was never meant to be lead by bosses, it grows with the ideas and commitment of the members. Like Ricardo who found the ACH FSE community (which is a lot of work I guess) or Pierre who delivered all about flying the Concorde to our pilots, the World Tour was Norbert´s idea, he searched all destinations, but I did the managing. Now the pilots of the world tour want to plan a one continent tour. After finishing the poll to find the preferred continent we will plan the destination - together. It all depends on our members. And this is the most cool thing 8) at Air-Child beneath the UNICEF charity program.
Cheers Tom

glad to hear that all still moves forward and Im certainly looking to extend my part of deal…
Thanks for updating me on the situations.
;)

Hi colleagues,

any news regarding figures for 2013?

Clearly, it is a great pleasure to fly ACH - however, I assume that for many of us "earning" of donations for UNICEF is the major reason for flying in this specific airline and therefore from time to time there should be some kind of evidence that and how the ACH Charity Programme is working.

Best regards
Morten

Here you go…..

Air-Child VA Flight Summary 1st Quarter of 2014
---------------------------------------------------------
Total Flights: 4,981
Total miles flown: 4,254,405 nm
Total hours flown: 11,337 hrs
------------------------------------
Total donations: 600.24 €

Dear pilots,
actually we have 21 sponsors who are supporting UNICEF via Air-Child. To raise the amount of the donation we have to find more sponsors! It is not just a question of more flights cause each sponsor has of course a maximum limit of his own donation. So we ask you kindly to help us to find more sponsors who are willing to support UNICEF through our Virtual Airline Air-Child. If you know any private person or company who is willing to participate please let us know. Please send a PM to Norbert Woeller. If Norbert does not answer immediately please be patient. You also may sent a PM to me or to Peter Schindler.

Kind Regards
Tom

Hi, thanks for the update Tom. That's not bad, 600 euros. You would have to knock on a lot of doors to raise 600 euros for a charity.

Maybe a stupid idea, but did anyone ever try MS, Bill Gates and/or his foundation? It's a pity MS discontinued FSX; otherwise they would surely be interested.

I understand we probably have to skip the maker of P3D. On the one hand Lockheed makes the fine C-130/L-100. Those planes are often used to bring food to disaster areas and to provide medical assistance and airlift. On the other hand Lockheed produces and sells weapons....

What about a site like flightsim.com? Would they be rich enough to donate or are they barely making up for their own hosting bills? I mean, everybody here knows that site. A bit off topic but I even saw an interview with Ricardo on fs.com! In case you missed it. :)

Back
Top Bottom