UNICEF donations [update]

Barthe Hogenboom said:
Hi, thanks for the update Tom. That's not bad, 600 euros. You would have to knock on a lot of doors to raise 600 euros for a charity.

Maybe a stupid idea, but did anyone ever try MS, Bill Gates and/or his foundation? It's a pity MS discontinued FSX; otherwise they would surely be interested.

I understand we probably have to skip the maker of P3D. On the one hand Lockheed makes the fine C-130/L-100. Those planes are often used to bring food to disaster areas and to provide medical assistance and airlift. On the other hand Lockheed produces and sells weapons....

What about a site like flightsim.com? Would they be rich enough to donate or are they barely making up for their own hosting bills? I mean, everybody here knows that site. A bit off topic but I even saw an interview with Ricardo on fs.com! In case you missed it. :)

Yes, there are several possibillities, but we need pilots who do the contacts.
Cheers Tom

Tom Weber said:
Here you go…..

Air-Child VA Flight Summary 1st Quarter of 2014
---------------------------------------------------------
Total Flights: 4,981
Total miles flown: 4,254,405 nm
Total hours flown: 11,337 hrs
------------------------------------
Total donations: 600.24 €

Hi Tom,

I appreciate your swift reply - thank you very much!

And furthermore, 600 € within 3 months is quite good :)

Best regards
Morten

Barthe Hogenboom said:
Hi, thanks for the update Tom. That's not bad, 600 euros. You would have to knock on a lot of doors to raise 600 euros for a charity.

Maybe a stupid idea, but did anyone ever try MS, Bill Gates and/or his foundation? It's a pity MS discontinued FSX; otherwise they would surely be interested.

I understand we probably have to skip the maker of P3D. On the one hand Lockheed makes the fine C-130/L-100. Those planes are often used to bring food to disaster areas and to provide medical assistance and airlift. On the other hand Lockheed produces and sells weapons....

What about a site like flightsim.com? Would they be rich enough to donate or are they barely making up for their own hosting bills? I mean, everybody here knows that site. A bit off topic but I even saw an interview with Ricardo on fs.com! In case you missed it. :)

All aircraft manufacturers sell weapons, lest we forget boeing makes the b52, Airbus division EADS makes the Eurofighter etc... probably MS and Lockheed, were they to donate to Unicef, have more than enough clout to do it in their own way. hit up the smaller fs developers and sites, the worst thing that can happen is they say no. personal donations are a part of it as well. may be the route I take, as soon as I check a few things out...

All aircraft manufacturers sell weapons
Not all of them of course, there are many small manufacturers that target only private pilots. But I agree, all big ones do. I was only mentioning Lockheed because they(or their subdivision) makes P3D. Boeing makes simulators but not software we could ever buy ourselves.

I see MS in a different light. Yes, they are also supplying to weapons manufacturers but so does Linux(the Linux guided gun-sight etc.) And many flightsim developers are involved in simulated weapons like Captain Sim is.

But, OK. Some small companies. UK2000, (or are they big?), Carenado.

But it might be difficult, maybe there's some kind of screening by UNICEF needed before you could safely ask a company for donation.

Hello all,

first thanx Tom once again.
Tom Weber said:
...Please send a PM to Norbert Woeller. If Norbert does not answer immediately please be patient.

I want to explain this. Maybe some of you are knowing that I have a film production company. We are producing films for the german children TV broadcast channel. Since the end of oktober 2013 we are producing a new series wich is very time expensive. And the films for this series are made in countries all over the world, mostly in the wildernes like the desert or bush in Namibia or Kangaroo Island in Australia for example. There you have only at a few points an internet connection but mostly none internet connection. So yes, if you send me a mail or a PM, please be patient ;) Thank you.

Best regards
Norbert

Here's the numbers for quarter 3/2014 (July to September):

Total Flights: 3,476
Total miles flown: 2,959,457 nm
Total hours flown: 7,866 hrs
--------------------------------------
Total donations: 557.64 €

Thanks to all our partners and private sponsors!!

Great, thx for your update

Congratulations...

We still miss data from whole 2013 and q2/2014 :)

Without that five quarters we managed to gather 7739,07 euro from 2009 (roughly 1289,85 euro per year).
Adding estimated 483,69 (average donations for each quarter up to date) for each missing data makes that number even bigger: 10157,52 (1692,92 per year). With donations for q4/2014 we should have over 10500 total, and quite much over 2000 total for 2014 alone.

Altough donation per flight dropped from 16 to around 12 eurocents per flight.

Requesting Q1/2015 report (just donation amout is enough)...

Also would be nice to get:
Q1/2013
Q2/2013
Q3/2013
Q4/2013

Q2/2014
Q4/2014

Szymon Kurzacz said:
Requesting Q1/2015 report (just donation amout is enough)...

Also would be nice to get:
Q1/2013
Q2/2013
Q3/2013
Q4/2013

Q2/2014
Q4/2014

+1

Anders Kvamme Stemland said:
I miss those unicef reports. That's why I want to fly here, but it's seems no activity on that area? Why?

Dear Anders Kvamme Stemland,
please stay calm. There is activity and the donations were made. I myself was very surprised that only a few pilots followed the Kathmandu event to gather donations for the terrible earthquake earlier this year.
Kind Regards Tom

Anders Kvamme Stemland said:
Well
Peter was ggoing to add me in sponsor list.

but I heard nothing, so I have not getting any amount or donation to pay :-/

Please mail to Peter. He had and has trouble with the new server.
Cheers Tom

Back
Top Bottom