World Tour 2013

Waiting at gate 15 at SAEZ for next leg to SCEL if anyone wants to join. 1700 utc dep time. Route urino ua306 umkal

I can't seem to get the SCEL scenery that I found on flyawaysimulation ,avsim,and flightsim to work. Which explains when I tried to land on RWY 17R it wasn't there :lol: So on the next leg I'll be using the default scenery again! Also I can't find anything about SCIP. Guess I'm gonna have to wing it! Pun intended. We need to try to talk Remen into flying with us on South American flts. He would be a big help with the ATC. They don't do English much,even on Unicom it's either Portugese or Spanish. You can figure out some of it tho. When I read SCEL sumthin,sumthin,UMKAL,sumthin...I knew I was about to have another acft as a hood ornament :lol: I'm sure they think the same when I type English .

Found FSX sceneries that I was able to get working for SCEL,and SCIP at www.simviation.com
route suggestion for next leg:( FL 245-FL 410) VTN UT101 MORSA UL348 VINAP
:cheers:

Hi!

Nice suggestion David for route but did you find a good chart? If you did please let me know or send me on my email or private msg.
This 21.Leg is long distance to fly about 5 hours, so I suggest highest FL and earlier departure time. Are you agree?
Blue Sky!

Alex, www.skyvector.com for enroute, and www.simviation.com for plates. I know you have xplane. Go to simviation, click on FSX then scenery. At top type SCIP then search. It will give you the download link for the FSX scenery for Matavera. Download it but don't install. It has some charts you can open and print! Earlier is good. Just pick the time. I'll be there. Let me know if you have trouble with the above or it's not what you need. Have both runways for SCEL now. I'm a happy man.

Jeez Alex 5 hours?! My ole kidneys can barely make 1.5 hours. Bring a sky hook so we can step out and water the flowers :lol:

I know 5h is long time to fly. I haven't decided yet which airplane A320-230 or B787 DREAMLINER, Airbus has range of 4000nm but that is sufficient to destination and when add alternative route than this range is more than 4000nm so I must found nearest airport, closer than NTGJ or I will use B787 Dreamliner. I still considering one more aircraft to save some time bit only one is pop up that is Concorde. And I still don't know how much RW need to stop this bird. I know that SCIP RW is 10827 ft long, but I don't think so that this kind of airport is capable for accept Concorde.
So we must prepare as for long flight, and there is no ATC coverage on the ocean.
I like you're joke! :rofl:
Blue sky.....

I'll be using my pmdg 738 on this too. Always wanted to play Charles Lindbergh :lol: My Alt airport will be the beach! I'll consider this a ferry flight. Hope I'm not playing Amelia Earhart instead.

Best airport in the world - Tenzing-Hillary Airport. No list is :( Beautiful landscapes, the requirement of highly experienced pilots skill.

Does anybody have a FSX scenery for the Airport of the week?
AYPY P.M J. Intl, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Cheers Tom

Hi World Tour pilots -
leg number 29 will leed us to Honkong Intl. What do you think to change this leg to Honkong Kai Tak?
I saw that Navigraf provides PMDG procedures for Kai Tak. As there is no online ATC we can change our route to the Kai Tak Approach procedure.
What do you think about this idea?

Another idea is to add a leg to Paro / Bhutan, which is a quite interesting approach. We could add this after Kai Tak. the leg is around 1400nm with a B737 or A320. From there we could pickup the world tour with Shanghai ZSPD.

I can´t see the runway - I still can´t see the runway... :D
Takeoff without callouts 8)

Cheers Tom

Yea, I'd be willing to give it a go Tom. I'll have to use the 738 tho instead of airbus. Every time it says retard retard on landing I look at the FO and and laugh uncontrollably :rofl: sorry, just a little of my inappropriate humor!

Hm for Paro the 738 might be to big - as I know the 737 is the biggest Boeing which lands in Paro. Paro is quite difficult, it is a full visual landing and as you see on the video - you see the rw quite late. give it a try before you go. From Kathmandu it is not so far....but firs Kai Tak.

Does anybody know what to do with the navigraf document for Kai Tak procedures?

Cheers Tom

Haven't seen it! If your talkin bout the IGS to RWY 13 it runs you into mountain . Have to take hard right when you see the checkerboard. Haven't heard from Kai in a while. Might pm him. He's from that area sure that's an airport he frequents on sim.

I found this document for KaiTak procedures. It should be for PMDG. But I am not sure what to do with it. Maybe someone have a look.
Cheers Tom

My suggestion if we want to add legs to PARO
Instead of VHHH we got to VHHX KaiTak

Honkong VHHX to Bangkok 940nm
Bangkok to Kathmandu 1200nm
Kathmandu to Paro 220nm
Paro to Honkong VHHH 1520 or directly to Pudong Shanghai 1700nm (with B737 or A320/A318)
At Pudong we pick up the World Tour again.

....or make another suggestion and I put your suggestion in the poll.
Cheers Tom

Ok then,
the poll is over 6 votes:
I changed the World Tour to RPLL - VHHX - VTBS - VNKT - VQPR - ZSPD
Cheers Tom

Back
Top Bottom