World Tour 2013

Join in by all means. Yes they are on vatsim when on group flts. You can see each others acft that way. Don't think it's mandatory tho. Think you can fly along offline and talk on teamspeak. I may be corrected tho. Might as well get feet wet and jump on in. ;)

Mathieu - Yes, on Vatsim. This is the great oportunity to learn real ATC procedures, becouse more experienced ACH pilots can fly in fron of you and this way you can hear all instructions(and readbacks) a couple of times before you get the same instructions.
I don't know if vatsim is problem for you, but if you didn't use real ATC until now you can print ACH online flight tutorial and you can use text for the beginning, just to be sure that you can see all instructions from ATC. Vatsim means more fun and more realism. I use text on VATSIM - i have all sounds through my headset becouse of neighborhood :lol: and i can't hear ATC well with engines runing.
I'm going to fly BIKF - BGSF this days, just tell me if you want to fly with me so we can set the day and time. The ATC is not to "active" for this route

Tom Weber said:
Sorry I only know for FSX SIMMADDONS - maybe you ask Norbert he is on FS9 with his hardware cockpit.
BTW meanwhile I finished the leg BGSF without problems. Interessting LLZ landing.
Cheers Tom

OK I've used this from FS2002, but I 've made a new folder in the addon scenery then I've put there scenery folder where all the bgl's goes and all bmp I put into Texture folder. Then I spent almost an hour to find an afcad, but after all it works :D . Now I've to make a test flight.

Greetings

Thanks,

no I have no problems with VATSIM. I think I have racked up about 100+ hours on VATSIM in the NGX. Still consider myself a newbie though, but have no problem in going online ;)

About the best time for me to fly:

I'm in Belgium, working at daytime, and a wife and little kid at home, so most of my flying is done on week evenings (or weekend evenings). Most of the time it's short 1 to 1.5 hour hops.

So the best timeframe for me is around 1830Z to 2100Z.

Mathieu

Mathieu, this leg is longer that 1.5h, i will fly BIKF - BGSF tomorow. But this is the leg from the last week, i could not fly it last Friday with all ACH pilots, so i want to fly it tomorow and be ready for the new leg this weekend.
You don't need to fly this leg if you don't have time. You can start with next leg. It's not yet fixed, but i think that will be on Friday or Saturday evening

I will fly BIKF - BGSF Tomorow, about 17 - 18 UTC. I can change time if anyone wants to join

Cheers

Interesting flt guys. I saw a pmdg, a maddog, and it looked like Tom was flying a Cessna 172 :rofl: . Could not get teamspeak to work. I could hear you but couldn't transmit. Good thing ATC wasn't online every time I tried to fiddle with teamspeak it paused my sim. Who landed and run into an invisible object even tho no collision and no crashes turned on, that's usually because of the add on scenery. Happened to me once with orbix! I tried to talk to you on com 2 with the set up of Petrs post. Alas, no joy. After flt I checked my fsinn and found that the setup was not there. I start fsinn according to the vatsim sticky. Guess when you do that it clears what you had entered previously. Forgot to enter proper QNH for CYHZ so I buzzed a few birds nests, hope the tree huggers don't find out :p . See you next leg.

Hello David

It was me. After the flight yesterday I was so frustrated and angry that I've decided not to fly this leg and fill the report, but after the night I'll fly this leg today once more.

Greetings

David Hi , just to refering your last fligfht ,yeah must off been a real fun . Well you also mention comm 2 ,did you forgot to copy the text I have provided or idi just simply vanished from VVL window at FSINN voice? Just curios I did not have chance to tested as my time is so different to your . For example i did wanted to fly this leg so I purchased sim add on scenery CYHZ but I got home around midnight and flight was at 0300 am AU time . Well I surelly will be flying this leg perhaps during a week . Let me know what has happened to comm2 so we can get it fix cheers Petr

Hello Petr,I don't think there's anything wrong with it on com2. When I checked fsinn everything was blank in the vvl windows. I set it up the leg prior to this one. I believe when I start fsinn by the vatsim sticky it puts it back in default. Going to have to check settings before I click on the vatsim button to make sure it's there. Noticed that the server returns to default also which is why I kept timing out on prior leg. Just have to check everything before a fight instead of just jumping in.

Hi Petr,
I tried it one evening with zeljko we did all what you mentioned in your topic, but there was no connection possible.
Then zeljko discovered something with VVL in the advanced section of the FSINN app. But I do not find his mail anymore.
But I found his mail with the FSINN manual:

Cheers Tom

That link is good for anyone that uses fsinn. Thanks Tom. I'll start a little earlier next leg to see if I can get teamspeak operational.It worked leg prior, not sure what is wrong.

Teamspeak worked for me this time.Thanks for saying hello Rafel.Tom didn't show up as a Cessna this time :lol: . Thanks for saving the day with the route Tom. My TCAS was going nuts! Would have been better if ATC was present for JFK. Surprised they weren't. I hate typing in the chat window. by the time i try to type its too late :lol: .I looked at Tom's pirep and it seemed he didn't get credit for it. The numbers look jumbled. Had a terrible landing, hope you didn't see it!Alexander hope to see you again on next flt. Norbert, fly with us.

David I looked some pireps from last world flight and found this

"Touch-Down: 14:36 h | IAS: 166 kts | -0.78° pitch | Wind: ---- | VS: -1 ft/min''

That is some super soft touched down . :goodjob:

hmm yes,I had a running out of memory crash just after touchdown - I think my fault: high resolution cloud textures 2048x2048, UTX USA, FS Global 2010, Aerosoft Manhatten, KFJK from FSD, La Guerdia scenery and the high resolution NGX. Maybe this is just to much for 4GB Ram - in XPLANE I had also a lot of CTD caused by the limited Ram on the 32bit system - this is gone completely till XP 64bit. But this will never happen with MSFS.
Cheers Tom

Hello

I just made my flight to JFK. Nice little chat with Tom during the flight. And then when I was established on ILS 31R for JFK, La Guardia Approach has called me to contact. Then after I has set the radio I lost the glideslope and had to make go arround, but finally landed at JFK.

See you for next leg

Greetings

Sounds like you had an interesting flt. That seems to be the norm on this tour :p . Hope to see you next leg.
Cheers

Hi , finally I manage to fly from CYHZ to KJFK hopefully I fly tomorrow missing leg to KATL . Anybody want to join drop me a line . Cheers Petr

Back
Top Bottom